Wednesday 22 June 2011

'Incomplete' (Self Portrait)

'888'
3,000 Raffle Tickets, Acrylic, Tippex, Permanent Pen, Transparency Papers, Glue, Stone, Nail Varnish, Wood, Rizla, found NHS Papers, Staples, Paint, Metal, Sand on MDF.



'Incomplete' (Self Portrait)

As my original submission '888' was incomplete, I started to speculate on the idea of the ‘incomplete’.

Upon being submitted, this piece could already be seen as being completed on my half, however the interpretation of myself being incomplete also holds a message that art we create doesn't ever have to be final, either.

I made a painting by numbers, which isn't something you'd expect to find in a gallery, as I’ve removed myself from the role of the artist, and allowed the viewer to help create the finished piece.

The rebel is the spectator in this interactive piece, the possibilities are endless


To simply pick the wrong colour,
To use a pen which doesn't have any relevance to the piece.
To draw over the guidelines,
To use their own pens,
To stick stickers over,
To switch the numbers round on the pens,
To follow order,
To get their own message across
To steal the pens,

Or not to do anything at all.
...


The fun of being anonymous. Anyone that walks beside us, being anonymous, like the spectator.

Being anonymous, we won't follow order, right?






???

No comments:

Post a Comment