Friday 3 June 2011

My submission engages with the theme through process. Putting my attention on the theme, Radicals, I allowed this to be the springboard for what emerged. Listening to my intuition in the selection of music for the first piece Lamentation, (a hauntingly beautiful piece of music by Tunde Jegede), or silence to accompany the final drawing – Silent Revelation and in materials used. Then allowing random lines and swirls of colour to fall where they will on the paper. Thereafter, seeing what had emerged through the shadows, connected lines, marks and spaces in the Lamentation and Silent Revelation pieces - defining, accentuating and outlining these.

The connecting middle piece, Midnight Rainbow, is an image that came through a dream in the form it appears on paper.  It is different to the other two and seems to speak to both and connect them. Materials were selected for their colour and texture. The colours in the rainbow were selected intuitively.

 

The impetus for the work of radicals in the NPG collection was a desire for change - a desire to evolve - the same desire drives me and my work.

 

Neruma Ankti

No comments:

Post a Comment